My Top 10 SEO Tips from 2010
Checking the backlinks of my Wheelchair Ramps site I noticed a few from SEO Forums, went and had a look to find others were posting My top 10 SEO tips article as their own 🙁
Annoying thing is I can’t even remember where I originally posted it and it probably got deleted in one of my big clean ups.
My top 10 SEO tips
1.Know your geographic market and ensure your domain has the correct TLD.
If your primary market is the UK it is important to use a .UK TLD and ideally have your domain hosted on UK based servers.
2.Include keyword in Domain name (using hyphens if necessary).
This doesn’t mean having a domain name like keyword-keyword-keyword-keyword.com try to stick to the one hyphen and not read as spammy. A good example is a site that sells wheelchair ramps with the URL of the site being www.wheelchair-ramps.co.uk
3.Create as much content about your products or subject as you can.
After doing this divide in to 4 or 5 sections (this will help later when creating your navigation structure)
4.AFTER you have your site content start keyword researching
There are tools you can use for keyword research; Wordtracker and The Google AdWords Keyword Tool to name but two. I personally use a combination of the Google Keyword Tool, Google LSI and T.J. Common Sense.
5.Decide on 4 or 5 primary keywords to use as main sub-sections
Ideally have an idea of 4 or 5 main keywords, call them your Primary Keywords and then try to position secondary keywords with the Primary Word most closely associated with it.
6.Sit down and sketch out your navigation system
Put a lot of time in to this and play around until it is right, use Primary Keyword as headers for 5 main Sub-sections and use secondary keywords as headers for content pages under each Primary Keyword
7.Re-write content using knowledge previously gained about keywords and phrases
This doesn’t mean totally re-writing and stuffing the page with keywords, it requires writing paragraphs ensuring the right phrases are in the right places but isn’t obvious that the phrases are written for the search engines. Do not write too much information on each page and do not stray of in to writing about something else.
8.Structure each individual page
With your content rich, keyword balanced page written, you now have to create the page structure. Each page should be seen as an individual website.
9.Proof read your completed page and get a 2nd opinion
With your page completed try and get someone to check it for you to see if it reads to spammy and to see if you have missed out any obvious key phrases that should be on the page.
10.Construct your site.
With the previous procedure completed for all pages it’s now time to put the site together. Simply use the previously devised linking structure, group similar pages together under appropriate sub headings and ensure all links are active and using correct anchor text.
- Frosty Morning in Honington
- BlackBand Relaunched
- Google Page Experience FAQ
- Local Search
- Lowest Fantasy Football Score by Player in Single Game -7 Jan Bednarek
- VW Campervans for Sale in Warwickshire
- Digital PR Specialist
- Campervan Hire Holidays UK 2021
- TSO Host Scam TsoHost TSO-host Team
- Have musicMagpie Stopped Selling on Amazon?
- You Are Not Alone Emeli Sande Jeremy Corbyn
- Campervans and the UK Staycation Boom
- Google Local Search
- VW Campervan Hire Midlands
- Campervan Hire Directory
- 74 Eastbourne Rd ROBOROUGH EX14 5HN Fake Orders
- Vaccinated Nurses Calling in Sick After Receiving COVID Vaccinations
- South Birmingham Locksmith
- Fantasy Football Weeks 18 and 19
- UK Small Business Directory Moving to New Server
- Proposed Tunnel Under River Avon at Stratford-upon-Avon
- Free SEO Advice & SEO Tips
- Missing the Google URL Submission Tool
- Optimize for The Searchers Intention & Neural Matching
- Google Business Finder
Search by business category starting with the letter -